Engine light on airbag light on, engine ticking?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

el_bichito

Engine light on airbag light on, engine ticking?

Post by el_bichito »

Hi there i have in australia Holden Viva or really its daewoo lacetti station wagon.
2006 auto.The airbag light has come on for no reason, i think this car has airbags in the seats as well.
and just recently the engine light has come on, it does it intermitently, on startup and sometimes when
it does the gears on the auto go in rough when putting it into drive. also sometimes when the lights come on
the car loses lots of power, and when it takes of feels like its taking of on 2n and 3rd gear. The engine also makes a ticking noise
constantly, when head was opened the engine had lots of sludge, and varnish and some of the holes were blocked. they had to be unblocked. any advice would be appreciated
i will probably have to take it into the shop, i just dont want to get ripped of, want to at least try some things or else sort
of know what the problem will be so i dont get completely ripped of, and take it to the right place. regards brian
Daniel
Expert

Re: Engine light on airbag light on, engine ticking?

Post by Daniel »

It sounds to me that your engine problems are related to poor quality and /or inadequate grade oil.
I believe that exist some cleaning / flushing engine products. But maybe the damage is already done.

On seat air-bag equipped vehicle there is a connector under seat that can give intermittent contact.

Scanning your vehicle will give you some tracks.
el_bichito

Post by el_bichito »

Hi there the lacetti was sold here also by the name Holden(GM) viva
as i think few years ago gm bought out daewoo. I called around and people said take it to a holden dealer as they sold it. i didnt want to as they charge the highest. well they had issues reading the computer. even had to call holden themselves. they sent them some programs to try. in the end looks like from what they told me, the ticking noise is coming from the timing area, probably the tensioner pulley, and the engine light and airbag light are a result of the inhibitor switch for the transmission and a resistrance issue. coming from under seat airbag, we tried unplugging and plugging it up the connection seemed good. lucky my friend is a service consultant at holden so he is taking care of me. will see what happens on monday, he cant do anything today, friday as he is at the melbourne F1 grand prix, which sucks for. he said the inhibitor switch which is making it launch in different gears could , result in the transmission blowing up? i might do the inhibitor switch myself? and the timing belt and pulley. any sudgestions on doing it, is it easy i think i have the 1.8 litre in auto. i have done the pulley before and timing belt on another car.
el_bichito

Post by el_bichito »

hi just wondering if anybody had changed the inhibitor switch , i think it lies on top or the side of the lacetti on the auto transmission, mine is a 1.8 liter auto. is it easy to do? anything special to do? any advice would be appreciated.
el_bichito

Post by el_bichito »

i am trying to do the timing belt. having trouble removing the tensioner pulley, it has that hex (TORX star like head) its giving me a big headache, i been riding my bike to for 2 weeks now, anybody have any ideas. i am smashing the screw that holds the tensioner pulley with a chisel and hammer to try to get it to turn, but it wont? i will have to get another screw after and i will replace the tensioner as well, for sure, i think the ticking sound is coming from that area. any help would be appreciated, regards brian