x20xev swap

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

muaythaikid

x20xev swap

Post by muaythaikid »

Hi guys just looking for some information and help I know theres a few posts around this area but none really answered my questions straight forward.

I'm looking at a x20xev engine comes with loom, ecu, gearbox and wiring diagrams all for a fairly cheap price its out of a calibra but has 147k miles seemingly well looked after and never abused tho I've read somewhere these engines are beasts so 147 miles mighn't be so bad?

My questions are what exactly will I need for a swap into my 1.4 lanos?

Will I definitely need new engine mounts or will the x20xev mounts fit on?

Will it be hard technically to do as in wiring up the ecu and such?

What are your general thoughts on th x20xev as apposed to the c20xe I know its 136hp and the redtop is 150 but the engine itself is suppose to be stronger than the c20xe any inputs on this?

Thanks.
1349cc 3dr Lanos S silver

Preparing for x20xev conversion
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: x20xev swap

Post by gse_turbo »

I can't say for sure about the wiring conversion from the 1.4 but my 1.6 to 2.0 wiring swap was very straight forward. I stripped down the 1.6 harness, extended the few wires that I needed to plug into the 2.0 engine. that being said, I could plug the 2.0 ECU in place of the 1.6. I don't think you will be able to do that if you use the X20XEV ECU.

You WILL definitely need new engine mounts for the x20xev mounts to fit. you will need a stock engine mount to a C20XE for a Kadett E/Astra MK2. another option is the mount that I make.

the C20XE is a stronger and lighter setup. I think the flywheel is about 8LBS lighter than the X20XEV and the C20XE crank is about 13LBS lighter than the X20XEV.

the C20 cranks are cast steel and the X20/Z20 cranks are cast Iron.

basically, the C20 engines are the better way to go if you have the choice. the C20XE is a more straight forward swap anyway since the Lanos cahssis is the same as the Kadett E/Astra MK2. because of this you will be able to do the swap and keep power steering and AC if you want.

the X20XEV was never ment to be in the Lanos so you will have to lose power steering at the very least. probably AC too. I used to make a powersteering relocation bracket but it's much better to just convert to electronic power steering. right now I have niether on my swap.

it basically comes down to what is available where you are. I personally would do what I could to use the "CosCast" C20XE engine.