oil change by aspiration

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

oil change by aspiration

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

I plan to make/buy a tool to change my engine oil by aspiration. Is there anything on the way of a brass succion tube, like the pickup tube or strainer, to reach the bottom of the alloy oil pan?

Thanks,
Last edited by Daniel on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benzino
Expert

Re: oil change aspiration

Post by benzino »

~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Yep, same principle. But probably with a electric vacuum pump. I'm becoming lazy with age.

Yesterday I drove for a test a 6mm brass tube in the dipstick hole and it seems to me that it stumbled against something a bit elastic. So I wonder if it was really in contact with the bottom of the sump. Hence my question in first post.

For this time again I used the old method, but the back begins to age. :cry:
As usual, 5W30 + filter. Ready for the mot.

Thanks,
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

if you are serious about making this happen, you are better off trying to go though the crank case breather tube.

I have to say, all the effort in trying to rig something to make this happen you would have had the oil change done already. I doubt that you will be able to get all the oil out of the sump.

you are still going to have to deal with the oil filter. which means that you will have to raise the car up to get a pan under the car.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

gse_turbo wrote:if you are serious about making this happen, you are better off trying to go though the crank case breather tube.

I have to say, all the effort in trying to rig something to make this happen you would have had the oil change done already. I doubt that you will be able to get all the oil out of the sump.

you are still going to have to deal with the oil filter. which means that you will have to raise the car up to get a pan under the car.
Thanks gse_turbo,

Old fashion oil/filter change is already done. Next one will be from up.
As I've the 1.6 engine oil filter change is quite easy from top ;)
Daniel
Expert

Re: oil change by aspiration

Post by Daniel »

Not a single remark at yearly MOT inspection today for the 12 years old lady. 8)
Still 34.90€ missing in my wallet. :chain: :evil: