Peak Performance for Peak MPG

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gawa

Peak Performance for Peak MPG

Post by gawa »

Ok I'm not To much of a wiz at this but I do know that company's do a performance and RPM test for each vehicle and engine before production. Usually a graph that shows the Peak RPM along side with Peak Intake into the engine to get the Sweet Spot for maximized MPG.

I don't know the word for it and I can't figure out at what RPM its most Efficient. The Other car I Had it was 1.3 RPM that gave me the Most MPG. What is is for the 2000 Daewoo Lanos S. Manual 5 speed.

Any thoughts on this?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Peak Performance for Peak MPG

Post by gse_turbo »

basically, the lower the RPMs that you can maintain the better your MPG's will be 1000-2500 on any engine will give you the best MPG. you will have poor power output because a typical inline four makes it's power between 2500-5500.

you will have no acceleration but if you can keep the engine at idle speeds then you you will get the best MPG.

I've never seen the kind of graph you're talking about for any of the Daewoo's but this is extremely common and the reason many people choose a manual gearbox over an automatic.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Just for my information can you show me this kind of graph for another make? I try to use eco-driving mostly.
gawa

Post by gawa »

I Remember seeing It in a powerpoint Presentation, I couldn't find anything exact, but Heres something like it.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... omy-58679/

I am Having a hard time finding it. I Guess I can just test out different speeds and Figure it out that way.

Thanks