First Cat Delete for 04-08 suzuki forenza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: First Cat Delete for 04-08 suzuki forenza

Post by gse_turbo »

are you wanting one like what Kinky used to have maKe? are you wanting stainless or mild steel? in either case the tubing is pretty inexpensive it's the flanges that are expensive. I don't have any more of the flanges in stock so I'd have to make them. the flanges in stainless will be $100 by them selves and that's my cost, I wouldn't even make anything from them.

without having the prices on the mild steel flanges handy I would have to guess that the "test pipe" would cost between $100 and $150 in mild. and $150 to $200 for stainless steel.
ledtube41

Post by ledtube41 »

gse_turbo wrote:are you wanting one like what Kinky used to have maKe? are you wanting stainless or mild steel? in either case the tubing is pretty inexpensive it's the flanges that are expensive. I don't have any more of the flanges in stock so I'd have to make them. the flanges in stainless will be $100 by them selves and that's my cost, I wouldn't even make anything from them.

without having the prices on the mild steel flanges handy I would have to guess that the "test pipe" would cost between $100 and $150 in mild. and $150 to $200 for stainless steel.
it's also... anyone help~! No spectrum info, no par ratings, no success stories being discussed. Until people try it and succeed many won't give it a shot. .. thanks :)
Pot

Post by Pot »

Hi All,

I new to this forum, but have been following the various topics for some time now. My ride is chevy optra 1.8 yr '04 (T18SED engine) and it's stock. The current exhaust setup is factory standard with 4-1 manifold -> cat (only 1 cat) -> flexi tube -> silencer box 1 -> silencer box 2 -> muffler. I have questions about replacing the cat (after the exhaust manifold) with a test pipe while retaining the rest of the factory exhaust setup. Will it improve the low end or the high end torque? Will it be noisier?

Appreciate your inputs.

Pot