Rebuilding the T20/U20 engine block

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Re: Rebuilding the T20/U20 engine block

Post by exist3nce »

blue4renza wrote:I have the U20SED engine it is standard in the forenza/reno i wanna make more power would 11:1 pistons and ported and polished top end and header and intake and 2.25 exhaust and higher lift cams and crank pulley help to bring more power out of the motor for around 150-170 horses

All this will certainly help..... IMO tuning, headwork (port and polish) and a decent exhaust/header will be critical to achieving this power NA.

Also you may have to consider a new intake manifold with shorter runners to achieve more torque in the higher RPMs as our stock manifold is mainly designed for low - mid range torque. I would also be considering aftermarket cams with more duration and lift. Garrett or Chris may be able to help you with specs/sizing of that. Making power NA is all about being able to rev higher and not have the torque start to drop off.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
blue4renza

Re: Rebuilding the T20/U20 engine block

Post by blue4renza »

I did see a short runner intake manifold but it was on a sunbird with 2.2 turbo, Is anyone able to modify the oem one i have, Im planning on getting the top end extrude honed and getting the header and 2.25 inch exhaust with out resonator and for cams im still trying to figure out if i can have my oem one reground, my motor had 68,000 on it, Im getting a 2006 motor with 38,000 miles and putting it in my 04 forenza. This next year im planning on rebuilding the 04 motor with better performance parts, If u have any other idea's let me know, Btw my car is Automatic idk if that matters or no thanks