2000 daewoo leganza SX cranks but wont start

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Woobaby85

Re: 2000 daewoo leganza SX cranks but wont start

Post by Woobaby85 »

WOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!! Finally got my new fuel pump assembly in and viola!! she starts, she drives, shes awesome!!! ive never been so excited except when i bought her lol...YES!!! gonna take her for a wash inside and out and get tires checked tomorrow. Screw all the haters who kept telling me to junk her. she may have some probs now and then but shes got heart =) thanks for everything
Woobaby85-Kristal
2000 Daewoo Leganza SX
2.2L DOHC
155xxx mi
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Glad it's fixed.

Don't throw yet your old fuel pump but try to swap the wires from small internal motor (pump in fact) to its connector. Then check if pump can suck fuel.

!!Be carefull to fire!!
Woobaby85

Post by Woobaby85 »

alright so my excited reply was after i drove her to work..sat for 4hours..drove home and she was sputtering..gonna go back to spark plugs maybe i accidentally threaded one a little off or something..or maybe my plug wires are faulty..was sputtering when stopped at light or stop sign and when in park and while accelerating..once up to about 30-35mph it doesnt sputter..thinking shes misfiring..Mil came on then was flashing periodically..i dont get paid again til wed so i dont got the money to put the deposit down on a loaner scanner from autozone..is there a resetting procedure or something i should have done?
Woobaby85-Kristal
2000 Daewoo Leganza SX
2.2L DOHC
155xxx mi
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

the flashing code is for a bad misfire. it resets itself when you shut it down and restart, i think. Our Autozones will go out in the parking lot and read the codes while you are there, no need to taking the tool home or a deposit. You may want to ask them.
lupealsidez

Post by lupealsidez »

here's MY issue, 2002 leganza, timing belt pulley gave out, while i was driving down the highway, got car home, replaced pulley, timing belt cover (pulley bore a hole through it), every think seemed to be ligned up all good, but the car won't start, it was running before, so i don't know, changed the fuel filter and spark plugs, had to replace cam cover gasket, plugs are good, wires are good, got those tested, gas is coming up to point of injectors, haven't checked injectors, but not sure how to, keep reading about this camshaft sensor how it could cause car not to start, so is there a way to test it? oh, and i called and it has been replaced due to the recall already
can anyone help? car won't start! don't want to be the new expensive sensor unless i have to
thanks
Lupe Alsidez
San Antonio
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

lupealsidez wrote:here's MY issue, 2002 leganza, timing belt pulley gave out, while i was driving down the highway, got car home, replaced pulley, timing belt cover (pulley bore a hole through it), every think seemed to be ligned up all good, but the car won't start, it was running before, so i don't know, changed the fuel filter and spark plugs, had to replace cam cover gasket, plugs are good, wires are good, got those tested, gas is coming up to point of injectors, haven't checked injectors, but not sure how to, keep reading about this camshaft sensor how it could cause car not to start, so is there a way to test it? oh, and i called and it has been replaced due to the recall already
can anyone help? car won't start! don't want to be the new expensive sensor unless i have to
thanks
Lupe Alsidez
San Antonio
You probably have bend valves (at least) as this is a interference engine http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?broch ... on_id=3058 . Take compressions first.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Daniel is probably correct. If you lost the timing belt pulley, you probably have some internal issues.