2.0 T20SED/U20SED underdrive pulley

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: 2.0 T20SED/U20SED underdrive pulley

Post by gse_turbo »

no, the alternator is as small and light weight as it needs to be and there are a lot of options out there for the powersteering pump. just about every GM car uses the same pump so finging an aluminum pulley from a corvette or something would be easier and less expensive then doing a run of them. really tho, there is absolutely no reason to waste the time or money. the stamped steel pulleys for those are as light as they need to be, there would be zero gain. your time and money would be better spent in buying a piggy back ECU from AEM or Split Second and learning to tune your car. the cost would be about the same and you'll actually see results from the piggy back.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

I found this billet aluminum tensioner pulley to replace our pulley not the whole tensioner, It is extremely light weight and contains a precision 20K RPM SKF bearing that will perform more quietly and far outlast the OEM plastic pulley if anyone is interested in them gruvenparts.com under the vw 1.8T/2.0 engine MK4 area on the website they cost $74.99
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:smt023 good find.

...actually! Audi and VW use the "type-2" PS pump as well. it could be a long shot but the billet pulley may work as well.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Im confused about the " Type 2 " PS pump. The oem Tensioner pulley for the VW 1.8T/2.0 is the same as our replacement pulley and would a billet oem size alternator pulley be good for lightening up the accessory belt drive a little, maybe free up little power and better alternator performance and also same thing about the oem power steering pulley in billet aluminum and do you have the size for the belt when i change to the underdrive pulley thanks man
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

When does ur website come up and available to view all ur products u have
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

hopefully soon. it's up now but it's pretty lame. I just have contact info there for now. it's been a few years since I've built a site so it's slow going.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Can't wait to see it finished, what types of parts are gonna be available, i know u make the aluminum underdrive pulley
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

for the time being it will probably be the 2.0 conversion kit for the Lanos, main support girdle, UD pulley, clutch kits, ARP, Wiseco pistons, K1 rods, and Zeitronix products.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

I found these Steel rods for $180+$60 from C20LET/Z20LET

OPEL 2.0L 16V C2.0LET Z2.0LET H-BEAM CONNECTING RODS

Rod Length : 143.1mm ,

Piston Pin Dia : 21 mm,

B.E Bore : 52 mm,

Material : 4340 Steel
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

where'd you find those?
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

I found them on Ebay but they dont come with the rod bolts but for the price i would use Arp rod bolts and do u know if the flex plate bolts and fly wheel bolts are the same i wanna get the arp flywheel/flex plate bolts but idk if the forenza 2.0 is the same as the others
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

be careful with that. virtually every connecting rod manufacturer uses a proprietary connecting rod bolt. they absolutely do not use the standard bolt thread or dimension that come in the 2.0 engine. it may end up a guessing game before you find the right ones.

as for the flywheel bolts. yes. dimensionally they are the same, if it's a C20LET then you will just end up with two extra.

as a side note. these will not work for flex plate bolts. they are strictly for flywheels. unless these are being used in a manual transmission they will not work.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Would i need any special bolts for my flex plate i wanna make a high compression 2.0 or 2.2 engine eventually but im just gonna put the pulley and air intake and exhaust stuff on right now, Idk if it would get more power with a header and 2.25 inch exhaust from the header back and delete all two of the cats
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I suggest not going over 2.0" for an non-turbo engine. and, you have to keep at least one cat in the system to provide some back-pressure which the engine needs to function properly.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Idk if it is easier to make the header to replace he stock manifold or completely remove the first cat and just replace the 2.25 mid-pipe with a high flow cat and 2.25 cat back, would i have to use arp head,mainstuds,rod bolts in a 10.5-10.8:1 compression motor and would the stock head gasket be ok