Help installing a X20SED in Cielo!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Axel

Re: Help installing a C20XE in Cielo!

Post by Axel »

Hi guys. Huge change of plans. The mountings on the X20SED are different. So for now I'm just going to get the current engine running and later on install a C20XE. Never had any time to work on the car for a looong while but turned the crank yesterday and it's all good. Installed a new battery and tested the lights and hooter and electricals seem to be fine except for when I try starting the car there's nothing. Not even a swing. What could it be?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Help installing a X20SED in Cielo!

Post by gse_turbo »

hello,

I apologize for not seeing this post before.

the X20SED and the C20XE will both mount in the car the same way. you will need the same engine bracket. the only issue with the two engines is that you will have to lose A/C and power steering.

Mr Q may have to confirm if you will have to lose power steering with the C20XE though.

a great solution for this though is the electric power steering like what Benzino has done.

in either case, the engine mount bracket will bolt onto the 2.0 engine like what is on the Cielo engine right now. you wouldn't use the mount in the center of the timing cover on X20 engine.
the conversion bracket for both the C20XE and X20SED would mount where you see the power steering pump on the X20SED.