lanos is dead...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

anb5703

lanos is dead...

Post by anb5703 »

the other day i was driving and my car suddenly shut off.. i tried to start it but it wouldnt budge ...just starting but not turning over..tried to jump it that failed..ive checked the timing belt, battery,alternator,other belts, etc..nuttin seems to be the prob..had a guy over who checked the ignition coil we think thats the prob..took off manifold and checked spark plugs which are the stock ones in this 65000 mile lanos..they were dirty n were cleaned..found out one of the spark plug wires were loose..think thats the prob..n e info would be greatly appreciated..on how to get it running again or wat to check next...
ive never had a prob w/ this car until now...n e help is welcomed..
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

the engine still turn when you try starting it?

does the redflashing light go out? (imobilizer)
anb5703

Post by anb5703 »

no lights.. enginge just trys to start but just doesnt get there lol..im thinkin its spark plugs,wires , and igniton coil
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

This sounds like what happened to my ex girlfriend's 2002 Lanos.
The ECU (the main computer) that is mounted under the seat went bad.

The dealer had to order one, and when it arrived, they discovered the new one was bad right out of the box.

They ordered another one, and it never arrived.

I ended up taking the ECU out of my 2000 parts car and putting it in her 2002.
The dealer said it was a different part number from the previous year model and might not work. It worked perfectly, but I never got the ECU back. grrrrrr ... That is a really good part to have spare in case something goes wrong.

Cliff
cqboling

dead lanos

Post by cqboling »

It might just be the fuel pump mine just went kaput at around 65000miles. check and make sure you have air, fuel and spark
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: dead lanos

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

cqboling wrote:It might just be the fuel pump mine just went kaput at around 65000miles. check and make sure you have air, fuel and spark

When the ECU went bad in my ex's car, I thought it was the fuel pump because it was not working.

Then I found there was no spark.

After taking it to the dealer, and they ran the diagnostic, it ended up being the ECU.

I hope it is nothing as serious, or expensive as the ECU. A fuel pump is an easy change; it is located on the passanger side under the back seat under a big black plastic circle.

Cliff
Mike

Post by Mike »

Check out the link if you need an ECU. You can get them for cheap used. I assume you have no more warranty.

http://www.car-part.com/
Polish_Kris

Post by Polish_Kris »

I used to work at a Daewoo dealer, and this happened to me once, where the car shut down and wouldn't restart.

All you must do is reset the computer. THe way you do that, and it works everytime someone brought in a stalled Daewoo, is unhook the battery, wait 60 seconds, and plug the battery wires back in. THe car will start again, because the computer has been reset.
'02 Lanos 1.5i 8v Cyber Green