weapon R intakes for nubi

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

armykyle1

weapon R intakes for nubi

Post by armykyle1 »

I did a quick search on here and it doesn't seem that any one has used on a nubi. I hoping when my GI bill kicks in at the end of the month I'll be able to buy one and do my exhaust system. I built a CAI from those universal kits at parts houses and they fall apart, dont buy that crap! When I can I'll set the intake up below where the stock air box was and do a ram air style pick up with a shield to protect it from the rain. I found a site that sellin the secret weapon intake for $145. The exhaust system is gonna cost me about $160, 80 for the muffler and 80 for labor and misc parts. Also if anyone has some input on where to get some light weight 16s for a good price let me know. I want to take the 17s off they're too heave and I think they'll be to big when I lower it.
armykyle1

Re: weapon R intakes for nubi

Post by armykyle1 »

I retract that statement. The secret weapon is $206. do you guys think it'll be worth the $70 extra to get the secret weapon or just get the weapon R for $136
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

i suggest getting a normal cone filter and running it to side of the car (where was the old filter getting its air from)

The "weapon R intakes" are just a fancy word for ppl to buy there product, and its REALLY over charged

You can make ur own intake with some pluming pipes that mm did to his car or just get some pipes from auto zone or something thats how i did my.
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

those pipes you buy at autozone are expensive and fall apart after about a year. Thats what I used to have. The thing fell apart, the clamps broke and it was just bad news. And the intake is way too loud right now. I'm prolly going to buy the weapon R intake which is the brand name, and I'll a few custom parts for it to pick up behind the fog light, and yes I will shield it so I wont suck up water. I cut the muffler off today too. It sounds great too. Zero raspy sound to it. It has a nice deep growl and at interstate speeds I couldn't even tell and its dumping right behind the axle which be changed tomorrow when I cut out the resinatot and second cat. I noticed a slight increase in throttle response and more low end power. Does anyone know how to raise the limiter to 6,500? The car comes alive at 4k then stops at 6k it sucks.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

pipe is pipe. get a intake on ebay and save ALOT of money. i got my intake that i have on my lanos for $40 shipped, and ive had it for 4-5 years, aluminum pipe,silicone couplers. never had a problem with it. ive always though that the really expencive intakes are a waist of money. but to each his own

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

armykyle1 wrote:those pipes you buy at autozone are expensive and fall apart after about a year. Thats what I used to have. The thing fell apart, the clamps broke and it was just bad news. And the intake is way too loud right now. I'm prolly going to buy the weapon R intake which is the brand name, and I'll a few custom parts for it to pick up behind the fog light, and yes I will shield it so I wont suck up water. I cut the muffler off today too. It sounds great too. Zero raspy sound to it. It has a nice deep growl and at interstate speeds I couldn't even tell and its dumping right behind the axle which be changed tomorrow when I cut out the resinatot and second cat. I noticed a slight increase in throttle response and more low end power. Does anyone know how to raise the limiter to 6,500? The car comes alive at 4k then stops at 6k it sucks.

sounds like you just had shit clamps...

why don't you take the "broken" intake you already have and then invest in some quality clamps and silicone joiners :D
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

The clamps are the ones that came with the make your own intake crap. As for the lanos intake all you need for one of those is a slightly bent pipe, I need a 90 then multiple strait and curved pipes. I found a local shop that has pipe like I need and its about 75-85 for the amount of pipe I need. I talked to this store on the internet they'll ship me the weapon R intake and heat shield for 120. Today I put some iridium plugs in from NGK, the car runs a noticeable amount better. I'm waiting to see what MPGs it will get me.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

dont get me wrong but u fucking wasting ur money man....

but u know, what ever fits you ;)
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

IMO this whole thread is pointless...
the OP will in the end do whatever they want...
in all honesty, noone gives a fuck what brand intake is used cos in the end it's always gonna be stainless pipe and clamps and joiners.
the only difference between the kits is a shitty ricer name and the price they manage to squeeze out of idiots.

If you have pipe that fits, whats the point of buying a whole new intake kit.
I think you misunderstood me before...

What I was saying is:

Re-use the intake pipe you have from the "crap kit", and using the money you save... buy quality clamps/joiners.
I really dont see how the clamps could have broken anyway, unless you over tightened them.

Protip: Don't act like a Honduh driver
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i fully agree with benzino

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

I see what ur saying. The stuff I have is that spectra intake crap. Its just thick plastic with a chrome cover. Thursday I'm going to an exhaust shop to see how much it'll cost to bend one piece of pipe to the hole where the OEM box picked up. Mandrel bent too. Sorry if ur upset but I wanted to know if anyone has used these before. And no one has inputted on that.
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

most did input, no, they have not used one b4 b.c we all think its a serious waste of money. i picked up a red spectra cone filter at autozone for $23, took old shopvac piping and cut it, put the coupler on and siliconed it together (for no leaks) then attached it to the original intake from filter box, clamped it. then i put a sliver of foam tape under filter so as it wont rattle at idle, and when i start it up, i love the hissing sound of the air being sucked in, or when i let off the peddle and its a wanna be blow off valve. ('00 lanos)

talk has been that if you put it in the wheel well behind the fog light hole, theres "negative pressure" if i remember correctly, and its a decrease in performance. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... re#p107242

so i left mine above the engine bay hole. im going to make piping later to go straight from fog light hole to engine bay hole, sealed, then do a kind of forced air by closing it off. (my idea/way.

so buy that name branded kit/pipe will give you the same output as making your own for $20. and clamps breaking... i would buy new clamps. what are they.. $4? -.-
but like mofo, to each his own.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

wolfsreign wrote:talk has been that if you put it in the wheel well behind the fog light hole, theres "negative pressure" if i remember correctly, and its a decrease in performance. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... re#p107242
Haha I said that. There was a negative pressure zone about 20cm from the fog light opening.
I found it was fixed with the pickup right at the fog light "mouth" so now its a ram air sort of setup. I found an increase in throttle response when cruising as it is now a positive pressure zone at the butterfly.