Mystery Hose, and where does it connect too?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Isaac

Mystery Hose, and where does it connect too?

Post by Isaac »

Well not too long ago, i was just checking my car and I noticed a hose. So here is my question. This hose comes from the Automatic transmission, up under the coolant reservoir, around and behind the Break boost. So my question is, Where IS this hose supposed to go?

A friend of mine thinks this hose is supposed to connect to a vacuum from the Throttle Body. Is he right? If so that will explain why my transmission "knocks" when down-shifting. I bought this car 2 years ago, do you guys/gals think there may be any damage to the transmission?

Car info
1989 Pontiac Le Mans/
1.6L TBI 3 speed Auto
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

As long as you don't go hard on the transmission, it should be okay i've had that sorta hose off of my old nissan i had and didn't realize for over a month and the transmission was fine after i figured out that the vacuum hose was disconnected. I think there's a connection hose underneath the brake booster for at hose, and most of the connections for to the throttle body is on the driver's side and there is 2 hoses that goes behind the intake manifold but i think one of them is a coolant hose.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!