New to the forum and need help!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

brannic08

New to the forum and need help!

Post by brannic08 »

My engine in my 1999 Leganza SE is gone. My boyfriend is going to try to replace it. Does anyone know of another engine that will work in my model?..... In 2006 my engine started over heating my step dad put off fixing it and I kept putting water in the coolant because he told me to. I was driving one night and the engine went out on me. There was water everywhere on the engine. It sat for about 6+ months before they called someone to get it fixed. It has sat from April of 2006 till last week!!! The guy that was suppose to fix it took of the vavle cover and left it off for over a year so its all rusted up on top of the fact he didnt close the hood all the way! So needless to say I need a new engine completely. Finding a good engine from another Leganza SE is impossible around here. Anyone that can help me find out what other engine would work please let me know!!! I'm tired of being without my car!!!!!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

welcome to the forum, lets see if we can get you straightened out :D

first, call the salveage yards and ask if they are aparts of any typr of slavage yard network, most are. they will be able to find a motor buy putting out a request to other salvage yards.

second, go to junkyarddog.com and place a request for the motor. it's alot like the request the salvage yard will do, the request will go out to salvage yards around the country and they'll contact you if they have your part.

last, keep an eye on ebay, sometime they are expensive but I've seen them there, you might also get luck and find a person parting out a wrecked car for peanuts.

as for the diferent motors, I'd say stick with the 2.2 it has the most torque from the factory and is needed to get the heavier leganza moving. to got to a 2.0 would be ok but you might feel the difference when you try to merge on the freeway.

another thing I suggest is posting the blown motor here first and then ebay to recoop a little of your money. I know I'm always looking for good (well blown) motors to tear down and rebuild.

good luck, keep the posts coming if you have any questions,

Garrett
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

do you know what other make and model car would work to do an engine swap out for it by chance? my boyfriend and i go to a salvage yard and they had a nubira there but we didnt know if the engine would work. Is there any other car motor we can use in it? I'm going ahead and making sure that I have a back up just in case we cant find a good engine from another leganza
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i wanna say the isuzu hombre had the same engine. don't know what year tho. can't be too hard they didn't make them in a while.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

yea, we looked up on ebay a few days ago and alot of the parts for the leganza had done that the same parts would work on an isuzu. i wasn't sure if that meant the engine were the same or would work in my car. i told my boyfriend if he did the work i would find out what engine would work or find another leganza engine. all the help i can get will help! thanks for the help so far. i just went on junkyarddog.com and sent a request.
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

:?: :?:
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

don't under estimate me because i'm a girl. you don't have to explain things like your talking to a girl that has not even a clue on a how to change a tire. I work on sport bikes and cars with my boyfriend. I just fixed a whole front in on a camry and have done an engine swap on a sport bike with him. talk to me like you would each other i'll understand! I seriously need help with this. Thanks
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

brannic08 wrote:don't under estimate me because i'm a girl. you don't have to explain things like your talking to a girl that has not even a clue on a how to change a tire. I work on sport bikes and cars with my boyfriend. I just fixed a whole front in on a camry and have done an engine swap on a sport bike with him. talk to me like you would each other i'll understand! I seriously need help with this. Thanks
wtf... random post much?

who judged you by sex? you didn't say you were a girl until this post^^

I wouldn't worry about stuff like that on here... Daewoo drivers are a different breed :D
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

actually if you read the first post that i put up i stated that my boyfriend was helping me fix my car... but then again i guess that doesnt exactly mean im a girl. i've tried to get help on sites before and guys dont help girls out the same way they do each other especially when it comes to mechanics. i didnt want any judgement thats all!
and i dont know that daewoo owners are different until this forum i hadn't met anyone else with one! lol
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

haha yeah!!
Hope you can get a response about your question

In the mean time SEARCH!!! to see if you can find anymore on the topic. These forums have a shitload of info, you might just stumble across something that could help :)
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

after more than 4 years on daewootech it is the first time to hear that we have sexual segregation...

brannic08: rest assured that this community will help each other regardless of sex, color or religion so you have nothing to worry about (unless you are a Honda owner or so then it will be a different story ) :D

being on the other side of the planet makes my contribution very very little indeed but as the guys said... junkyards is the key word here as this is almost how each and every similar problem gets solved.

since you are mechanically capable then i'd like to add that the Leganza 2.2 engine is very similar to the Nubira's 2.0 engine... the leggy engine is practically a stroked nubi engine so if you didn't find any 2.2 engines and you came across a nubira engine then i recon you can buy it and stroke it using your old engine parts and get your car back to life

keep us posted with what you do

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

MMamdouh wrote: brannic08: rest assured that this community will help each other regardless of sex, color or religion so you have nothing to worry about (unless you are a Honda owner or so then it will be a different story ) :D
you are just upset because one (1.3 l) beat a 1.6 16v nubi

anyway people on here will help as much as they can but it can take a few day
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

buying a nubira engine and strokeing wit will not work. the block on the 2.2 is taller. id say your best bet is just search junk yards, the isuzu rodeo and the amigo also has the 2.2 in it. but afaik thats the only viehicals in t he usa that came with the 2.2. there is the option of the nubria engine and jsut have a 2.0 leganza, it would be a dirrect swap, but as garret said you will have a slower car, and who wants that anyway lol

on a side note, no one made any kind of comment regarding you being a girl. i see that you just joinde the forum yesterday. daewootech isnt as busy as alot of other forums, its very rare to see more than 3 regesterd members on here at once. just give it a little time and you will get an answer is any one has one.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

hell give craigslist a shot, might be some one close to you with a wrecked leggy selling the engine. theres one close to me on CL.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
brannic08

Post by brannic08 »

thanks everyone for the help! sorry about jumping on everyones case. just thougth id put it out there before shit started because it ALWAYS has with other forums. sorry for assuming it would on here too..... good to know about the nubira because there was one at a junkyard i was at last week but we didnt check the engine on it while we were because we were in a rush. thanks for everything im gonna get started looking at junkyards then i guess!