Interesting: Engine CEL P1627

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Interesting: Engine CEL P1627

Post by BosnianLanos »

My green Lanos kept throwing the code "P1627". It was very annoying, because I would reset it, and it would come on again seconds later. Problem was that when it came on, the radiator fans would both kick in and start to drain my battery...which was a problem, because I couldn't get the car to start, and I had to keep jumping the battery as I was trying to work on it.

The manual states that P1627 is an ECM "conversion error" and that the module supply voltage is out of range. It states that the only way to repair that issue is to run diagnostics and replace the ECU.

Well that wasn't the problem.

I had to go to the Isuzu forums to figure this out. The code in fact refers to the fuel sending unit (the one that lets the car know if there is fuel or not). Apparently mine was bad (and I should have noticed, since a full tank was reading "E". I took out the old fuel pump and spliced in the wires from the ones I had on my Red Lanos. Put everything back in...viola. Code went away and radiator fans went quite.

And not a MENTION of this in the diagnostics portion of the manual. LAME!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Good to know the solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

good to know incase some one else gets the same error, glad you could fix the problem

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you know what we should add to the forum... a topic in the how to ot tech section that list the error codes and a write up like this of what the solution was.

Garrett
Tiletrader

Re: Interesting: Engine CEL P1627

Post by Tiletrader »

My Lanos doing the exact same thing--bout to drive me crazy. I am going to check out the fuel pump next week.
Thanks for reporting as you never know when or where the same problem willl rear its ugly head. I may be a week or so but I will report back with an update.
Trey05Woo
Super

Post by Trey05Woo »

I dont mean to play devils advocate nor defend service manuals, they are indeed not perfect and contain errors as they are written by humans, but in this case the sm is right on point.

conversion error is just that. anything the pcm receives which requires conversion should be checked prior to pcm replacement. this means:

wheel sensors
temp senders
speed sensors
fuel sender
rpm signal
voltage sender
oil pressure sender
in these older vehicles it was a shot in the dark. now a ays with more advanced diagnostics, that coe would be acompanied by a subcode pointing to the system causing the fault.
Specializing in European & Korean Only
Doral Auto Care
5171 NW 36th
Virginia Gardens, FL 33166
(305) 871-1121

BS Mechanical Engineering 12/12 (FINALLY!)

ASE Certified:
Engine Electrical
Engine Performance/Advance
Brakes & ABS
Air Conditioning
Raor.90

Post by Raor.90 »

my friend I am having the same problem with my daewoo lanos.mine is 2001.I already replaced the ecm,oxygen sensors,colant sensor,wire set,spark plugs,I even drive my car without the egr since it has another code that says the egr its stuk open...the problem started when I replaced the exhaust manifold with an exhaust header...instead of running better it it has become a lot worst than before...if any of you have experience the same problem please let me know.it starts fine but runs without force as if it was loosing compression.my email its Raor.90@hotmail.com...I'll apreciate any help...
Trey05Woo
Super

Post by Trey05Woo »

The trick to diagnos this problem is to look for other faults which point to the problem. In the case of the TC his problem was fuel, and his sender was inop. Are all the gauges working on your vehicle?
Specializing in European & Korean Only
Doral Auto Care
5171 NW 36th
Virginia Gardens, FL 33166
(305) 871-1121

BS Mechanical Engineering 12/12 (FINALLY!)

ASE Certified:
Engine Electrical
Engine Performance/Advance
Brakes & ABS
Air Conditioning
diakun

Post by diakun »

Thank you Very Much Just ran into this yesterday (cooling fans and empty tank as well) after resetting a fuel pump for a P0442. I thought it might be the 3 pin wiring. I wait till the gas tank is near empty again , check sending unit and or replace. Thanks again