leganza motor

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bigted85

leganza motor

Post by bigted85 »

can anyone tell me if a daewoo laganza or a hyundai tiburon motor will work in a 2001 daewoo lanos hatchback with a 16 valve 1.6 liter dohc motor and it ain't enough for me. so far i have borbet type t wheels a ractive toucan indutries tunable muffler and lighted windshield squirters, and i just recently lower the rear end 2.5 inches couldn't do the front without popping the springs out. yeah if any one could tell me if a leganza or tiburon motor would fit in and bolt up would u plz tell me

thx
ted williams :twisted:
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

Tiburon, only if you have a heck of a lot of money to burn, though the 2.0 Beta Hyundai is a hell of an engine. The mounts, accessories, everything is different, including the shift mechanism.

Leganza... the 2.2 would be an incredibly tight fit. People who have swapped 2.0 Nubira engines into Lanos' have said that engine is a tight fit, and the 2.2 is a few inches wider than that (different engine family).

But, there's the answer right there.... 2.0 Nubira engine swap. 130HP, same as the stock Beta Hyundai engine, and you know it fits because it's the same engine family as the 2.0.

Do a search in the archives both here and at HA and you'll find a few people doing the 1.6-2.0 swap.
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
tango

Post by tango »

The 2.0 8v turbo that was in the Pontiac Grand Am a few years ago is also from the same family of engines as well. Might be worth checking that out too (They were only available from two model years 1988 and 1989 so they could be fairly rare)

Cogito ergo sum...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

well this is the turbo version of my engine... by the end of the year i'll turbocharge mine 8)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph