Timing Belt Tensioner - 2002 Nubria

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azjoannie

Timing Belt Tensioner - 2002 Nubria

Post by azjoannie »

Wish I had found this forum before I started removing my timing belt. But, after reading many posts on timing belt replacement I have a question or two. I loosened the nut on tensioner and rotated oval arm counter clockwise to loosen and remove belt. I rotated arm clockwise until new belt felt snug then firmly tightened nut. Is this correct? And how does this work as a supposedly automatic tensioner? Appears to be a fixed cam to me. Thanks for any input. Richard in AZ
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

In this FAQ section you can download a service manual for the Leganza. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5085 .
I'm pretty sure you have to set the tensioner so that it's pointer is on the notch.

Daniel
JoshC

Post by JoshC »

Daniel helped me alot with my timing belt problems a couple of weeks ago. You're going to need to do some adjustment with your water pump which is a pain in the butt! PLEASE set your timing marks before you start it. Don't do like me and then i'll just put the new one on without moving anything because it should be in the same please, wrong!!!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Dan's the man :smt023

:)
SAZ
---------------------