revs 2-3000 in idle

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

susanatwill

revs 2-3000 in idle

Post by susanatwill »

my woo lanos 1.4 is reving upto 3000rpm in idle. i have replaced the idle control valve twice. what else could it be?
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: revs 2-3000 in idle

Post by Rodd1s »

check for air leaks in all the intake and vacuum hoses around the manifold... and by the off chance, check for any possible cracks in the intake manifold itself. Maybe try and also check if the fuelling is in proper working order. And maybe try to test the throttle position sensor - dont know how much that could affect it, but its worth a shot.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the issue is likely electrical related but I think the best place for this post will be the engine section.

You have a good question, my Lanos does the same, mine is a little modified so I think in my case it's a matter of some bugs I haven't found yet.

The place to start with this, I think, is to ask when it does it instead of what it is doing.
- Does it only happen when it's cold out
- Does it stop if once it hit op-temperature you turn the car off, pull the key and restart the car
- Does it fluctuate or is it constant
- Is it an intermittent problem.

A vacuum leak would cause the RPM's to hold at a constant, high RPM. An electrical/sensor issue will be intermittent and will cause the RPM's to be a little erratic.

Garrett
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

when dad's woo was idling at 3000RPM... it was a TPS problem... and strangely their was no CEL during this problem.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267